Our customer is the second largest German bank - which operates globally mainly in the fields of investment banking, trading, financial services and of course retail banking. Currently we are looking for suitable candidates to reinforce current development team. Project is about a front-office application written in VB 6.0 which will be replaced by Java. Practically, this means that current app should be maintained and supported for another 12 months and simultaneously being re-written in Java.
Prague team supports business team based in Milano, Italy, mainly taking care of keeping the clean code and maintenance of entire platform – which is written in VB 6.0.
Start: Ideally ASAP
Duration: Long-term cooperation
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Delivery of new functionality as well as support of existing systems using industry best practices to deliver business value.
- Enhance and develop new functionalities in VB and partially in Java Overview the code quality and sustainability
- Take over and fulfill the requirements specified by the various business teams concentrated in Milano, Italy
- Working across all aspects of the application suite to provide a balanced view of the applications and the business they serve – analysis, development, testing, … .
- Working with other members of the team bringing previous experiences of technology to the team.
- Cooperation with support teams to assist in diagnosing and resolving production issues, including some out-of-hours support.
- Practical experience with Visual Basic
- At least partial knowledge of Java – or willingness to learn and work with it SQL (Oracle)
- UNIX/Linux configuration and administration including
- Shell Script (bash, ksh, csh, awk, nawk, sed)
- Good English, able to work within an international team
- Great work among great people
- Excelent international experience in multicultural project
- Good accomodations
- Free visa support
- Help with flat rent
- Multisport card.